Budapest - The newer side of the city


There's plenty to see and do on the Pest side of the city, whether it's sightseeing, dining, going out or relaxation.

Sightseeing wise you definitely need to see the St-Stephen's Basilica and it's square. Though not as spectacular inside as some of most famous European cathedrals, partly because you can only enter through the side hall, so you can't see the whole cathedral. I saw on the pictures that the altar part looks amazing, but was not able to see anything from the side of the basilica. There's an option to climb up the stairs to see the panorama around, but we chose not to. I'm still traumatized by the Sagrada Familia experience I had, because I'm scared of heights. It was also the hottest day of our stay, so I was not particularly up to the task.






Wearing: H&M dress, F21 bag with Skinnydip patches, Vivienne Westwood earrings, Tom Ford sunglasses, sandals from Greece.











My love also deserves a highlight out here. I think this look was particularly successful!






Another nice places on the Pest is the Heroes Square district. From the actual square with the obelisk and the huge park that lies behind the a square, it's really worth taking a day to explore the area.
The park houses the most famous and biggest baths of the city, Szechenyi baths. We went to Gellert Baths on the Buda side, but the pictures for Szechenyi look pretty impressive.






We did explore the Zoo that is also near the park. I didn't expect that much of it, but we ended up walking for about 4.5 hours there and needed to skip some areas, because we had a flight to catch. They have many animals I have encountered yet at the local zoo's and the nice thing about it that you see a lot of them at a really close proximity. For example you can just walk around at the wallaby ranch, see the hippo open his mouth just in front of you or see an elephant drinking just two meters away. We also saw an elephant getting a pedicure. There's a whole butterfly hallway where there are so many of them and they are just flying around or eating fruit. I might have taken more pictures at the zoo than during our entire Budapest trip!








It's hard not to fall in love with Budapest, look at that view! I still fell like I want to explore it more in the future. I can only recommend this gem to anyone.

No comments